Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Counter, Ballard

Seattle Burger Quest is back!

A good veggie burger that doesn't taste like a fake beef pattie is hard to find in Seattle. The Counter specializes in esoteric burgers, so I gave it a try. I ordered a relatively simple combination (a 1/3 pound veggie burger, with grilled onions, roasted red peppers, corn & black bean salsa, apricot sauce, on a whole wheat bun. I was impressed with the taste of the burger. It had a subtle taste which blended wonderfully with the toppings. No taste of fake beef. One warning: ask for an extra fork, by the time I completed the "burger", about 1/3 of it ended up falling onto my plate. The french fries, onion rings, and sweet potato fries were also very good. They were crisp and not overly salty or greasy. The tab for it all came to about $14 including tax and a generous tip.

No comments: